The Pool House - for Business Travellers
The Pool House is a great location for business travellers who don't want to stay in a traditional hotel, Travel Lodge or Premier Inn.
Unlike many hotels that have wafer thin walls, the Pool House is a detached self contained studio apartment with it's own secure private parking.
The spacious and airy studio features a King Size bed with a Tempur Memory Foam matress, which provides a firm yet extremely comfortable nights sleep.
Super fast fibre broadband and WiFi keeps you connected to the office and the outside world so you can comfortably work from inside the Pool House (or outside around our seasonally heated outdoor pool).
If you are looking to unwind after a hard ways work, then why not jump into the outdoor hot tub jacuzzi spa or kick back on the sofa, switch on the 46" HD TV and choose from over 350 Sky channels (50+ in HD) or catch-up using OnDemand services. Still can't find anything to watch! Then choose from over 350 Box Sets which are available to download directly via the Sky+ HD box.
Fresh bed linens and towels are provided, along with bathroom toiletries and an endless supply of tea, coffee, sugar and milk.
The only downside to a stay at The Pool House is that there is no hotel bar, no onsite restaurant and sadly no "full english breakfast" in the morning. However, our friendly local The Peacock Country Inn can help with all of those, located just 0.6 miles from The Pool House. Alternatively there are a number of take-aways, restaurants and shops within a few minutes drive.
The Pool House is conveniently located just outside Chinnor, 4 miles from the M40 Junction 6.
All pricing includes VAT.
Availability and minimum stays
Our normal minimum stay is 2 nights. However, if you see a single night is available, then please email or call us and we can book the room for you.
Things to do to help you unwind
We are located in an area of natural beauty, with spectacular views over the Chiltern Hills to Bledlow Ridge. With the benefit of its own private pool (heated from May to September), and our year round outdoor hot tub jacuzzi spa, you are surrounded by acres of green pastureland and our 1 acre carp and coarse fishing lake. Business travellers and road warriors can unwind in the beautiful South Oxfordshire countryside.
If you fish and have a valid EA license, then our business travelling guests have unlimited and inclusive access during their stay to fish our 1 acre carp and coarse lake located 100m from your accommodation.
For birdwatchers, our fishing lake is surrounded by trees and is the home to red kites, kingfishers, sparrowhawks, woodpeckers, buzzards, kestrels, ducks, moor hens, pheasants and some very friendly robins and wrens. In the evening you are likely to see foxes, badgers, rabbits, munt jack and deer.
With two public footpaths running through the farm, walkers, runners and cyclists can quickly and easily get on to the Phoenix trail and The Ridgeway, with miles upon miles of footpaths and bridleways to explore.
The village of Chinnor is 1.5 miles away with convenience stores and a few eateries, plus we have the Chinnor Steam Railway. The town of Princes Risborough is just 4 miles away, with a good rail service into London Marylebone (40 to 50 minutes) and the historic market town of Thame is 7 miles away.
The Pool House is a studio chalet apartment featuring:
Main Studio Apartment (360 sq ft)
- King size bed with tempur memory foam mattress and bedside tables (bedding included)
- L shaped sofa / sofa bed - sleeps 2 adults or 2 children (bedding included)
- 2 Large double wardrobes with 6 draws and plenty of hanging space
- 4 seater dining table and chairs
- 46” Wall Mounted Adjustable HD LED TV with Freeview and Sky+ HD
- 5 speaker music system with AirPlay/Bluetooth streaming
- Large patio doors leading to Pool and Garden
Kitchen (70 sq ft)
- Electric Induction Hob
- Double Electric Oven & Grill
- Full sized Fridge Freezer
- Slimline Dishwasher
- Pots, pans, crockery, glassware and cutlery
- Tea, coffee and sugar & milk
Bathroom (47 sq ft)
- Electric shower
- Bathroom cabinet with LED lighting and shaver charging point
- Heated electric towel rail
- WC and hand basin
- Towels included
- Body wash, Shampoo and Conditioner
Entrance / Boot Room (65 sq ft)
- Electric Radiator
- Storage for bikes, boots and soiled clothing
Swimming Pool & Garden
- 12m (40ft) Long, 6m (20ft wide), Shallow End – 90cm (3ft), Deep End - 2.1m (7ft)
- Non slip artificial grass garden area – 21m (69ft) Long, 13.6m (44ft) Wide
- 6 Pool loungers
- 4 Seater Patio Table, Chairs and Parasol
- Free super fast WiFi Fibre Broadband
- Free offroad parking
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Dogs allowed